Stuttering Center Forms
Clinicians at the Stuttering Center specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of stuttering in preschoolers, school-age children, adolescents, and adults.
Following are PDF files containing several handouts and forms we have found helpful in our work with people who stutter and their families. You are welcome to download and use these forms if they are helpful for you in your own practice, provided you keep them in their original form. If you have questions, contact J. Scott Yaruss, PhD, Co-Director of the Stuttering Center at email@example.com.
General Information About Stuttering
The following forms and handouts provide general information for families and others about childhood stuttering and about how the Stuttering Center can help.
- Information about the Stuttering Center of Western Pennsylvania
- Information for Parents of Preschool Children Who Stutter
- Helping Children Develop Healthy Communication Attitudes
- Suggestions for Families of Young Children Who Stutter
- Supporting Literature/Organizations for Parents of Young Children Who Stutter
- Different Types of Disfluencies
- Overview of Stuttering for Teachers
- Overview of Stuttering For Physicians
Stuttering Center Diagnostic Forms
The following forms are used by Stuttering Center clinicians during the diagnostic evaluation of children and adults who stutter.
Handouts Used in the Parent/Child Training Program
The following forms are used by Stuttering Center clinicians during treatment of young children who stutter and their families (as described in the Family Focused Treatment Program, published in the ASHA Journal Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools (Yaruss, Coleman, & Hammer, 2006).
- Parent-Child Training Program (PCTP) Overview
- "Stressor Inventory" Handout
- "Bucket Analogy" Handout
- "Communication Wellness" Handout
- "Home Charting Exercise" Handout -- Example
- "Easy Talking Practice" Handout
- "Limiting Verbal Interruptions" Handout
- "Modifying Questioning" Handout
- "Communication Modifications Refresher" Handout